link script problem rvl.ld

support for the powerpc toolchain
obcd

link script problem rvl.ld

Post by obcd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 am

I am trying to compile a program that is basically a nand loader used as preloader in wii channels. Something seems to be wrong in the rvl.ld file, so it doesn't compile with the latest toolchain. I hope someone can take a look at it and correct it. The original program shows a red loading... window and generates a green flash as it reinits the video. I would like to get those things out of it as they are not needed when you launch homebrew with a channel.

(the other comex loader is having other issues, so it's not an alternative.)

Upon linking, it complains .sdata2.__wiiuse_speaker_defconf R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation is in the wrong output section (.data)

I compared the rvl.ld file with a normal one, but the differences are a bit to high to understand how things are supposed to work.

Thanks in advance to everyone willing to help.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: link script problem rvl.ld

Post by WinterMute » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm

just kill the custom linkscript, someone obviously didn't know how to use the tools :/

You change address code is built to run at using -Wl,--section-start,.init=<address> and the built in linkscript had support for the stub section already.

I've sent you a patch via email, don't really want to have links and patches for dodgy tools on here.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog